Friday 9 July 2021

180 (ZX Spectrum) Review

As a teenager I cut my gaming teeth on a ZX Spectrum +2 (the one with the built-in tape deck) and by far the game I played the most was a really fun darts game called 180 so was really pleased to be able to play it again after all these years on my Anbernic retro handhelds (review of the RG351V coming soon) and it’s still as good as it was back then!

As you can see from the screenshots above you start at 501 and are playing against different computer opponents of varying abilities, the graphics for a Spectrum game are excellent and I always used to smile when the dog walks along every so often and cocks it’s leg against the bar! Aiming the dart before throwing (see left picture) takes a bit of practice but soon you’ll find the sweet spot and be hitting treble 20s in no time!  
The music in the game is really catchy too and something you’ll find yourself humming afterwards although sadly I can’t get the audio when playing on my retro handhelds which is a shame.

This is a really great game and still one of the best darts games I’ve played on any machine and one which has truly stood the test of time, time to dig out that old Spectrum and tape deck from the loft!   TRJ Rating : 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment