Wednesday 10 August 2022

Why does the original 3DS look and feel more of a premium product than the 3DS XL?


As someone who has the original 3DS and the 3DS XL in their collection I’ve wondered for sometime why the original, smaller 3DS looks and feels more of a premium, high-end product than the 3DS XL? With the 3DS XL coming out after the original 3DS you’d expect the XL to be the more premium product but not so, with it’s shiny metallic finish, superior stylus and general premium feel I have to say I do prefer the original 3DS.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of the 3DS XL as well but with it’s plastic casing and inferior stylus it just doesn’t feel as much of a luxury product as the original machine.

I don’t know why this is the case, a 3DS XL with the same superior stylus and metallic finish as the original 3DS would have been great but instead Nintendo went down the more plastic route for the XL which I find strange.

Since acquiring the original 3DS I have to say I have found myself using that a lot more than the 3DS XL.

Both machines are still an excellent choice and additions to your collection whichever you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment