Saturday 3 September 2022

TRJ Newsdesk : awesome bonus content is coming for the Evercade EXP!


Some of you may have heard of or own, as I do, the Evercade retrogaming handheld, an excellent device which harks back to the days of collecting games on cartridge and proper full colour game manuals with each one. For those who aren’t aware of it, cartridges are available for the device each providing various retro games from different developers including Atari and Namco.

Well now in November comes the Evercade EXP, a new and improved version of the handheld offering a better screen, controls and a ‘Tate’ mode allowing supported games to be played vertically.  I’ve pre-ordered one so a review will be appearing when I’ve received it and given it a good test.

It had been known for sometime that Evercade were going to offer bonus content and yesterday (Fri 2nd Sep) they finally unveiled what it was - 18 classic Capcom games built-in! I’m super excited about this as for me Capcom have made some of the best titles in gaming history, the full list is below : 

1942 (Arcade)

1943 (Arcade)

1944 : The Loop Master (Arcade)

Bionic Commando (Arcade)

Captain Commando (Arcade)

Commando (Arcade)

Final Fight (Arcade)

Forgotten Worlds (Arcade)

Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Arcade)

Legendary Wings (Arcade)

MERCS (Arcade)

Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting (Arcade)

Strider (Arcade)

Vulgus (Arcade)

Mega Man (8-bit)

Mega Man 2 (8-bit)

Mega Man X (16-bit)

Breath of Fire (16-bit)

Personally I’m really pleased to see 1944 : The Loop Master and Legendary Wings included as these are two of my favourite arcade shoot-em-ups ever and will be playable as originally intended thanks the EXP’s vertical ‘Tate’ mode.

This should be a very impressive device which I’m very much looking forward to getting my hands on in November, it will also work with all existing Evercade cartridges which is great as I own a few already!

No comments:

Post a Comment