Sunday 7 April 2024

Sega Model 2 and Model 3 games are now on Steam Deck and they’re amazing!

 
 
The latest update to EmuDeck on SteamDeck has brought support for the Sega Model 2 and Model 3 arcade machines.  I added a few games yesterday (around 10 for each) and I have to say they are absolutely amazing!  Apart from a couple of exceptions they all work perfectly which really surprised me, I never thought I’d be playing the actual arcade version of Sega Rally on a handheld!  They all also have that trademark Sega look, slickness and polish to them and the speed of them is breathtaking, so fast!  There’s a pretty varied selection, racing games (a water-ski racer, a skiing slalom racer and a jet-ski racer are three standout titles), a couple of lightgun games, sports games and beat-em-ups are all available.

I found the roms through the always useful Internet Archive and Retro Game Corps has done an excellent video on YouTube detailing the changes with the latest EmuDeck update including how to install the emulators and add the games.

If you own a SteamDeck these games are absolutely essential!

No comments:

Post a Comment