Monday 30 August 2021

PC Engine - a massively under-rated machine


I own a number of emulation handhelds, devices which run a variety of console and handheld emulators and games (or roms) can be added to an SD card to be played on them.  I’ve recently discovered on them the NEC PC Engine, a console designed to compete with the mighty SNES and MegaDrive but never really caught on in the same way as Nintendo and Sega’s flagship machines did.  This is a shame as over the last few days I’ve discovered some really excellent games for the NEC machine, the majority of them are shoot-em-ups which suits me as I’m a big fan of that type of game, many are available including Darius and Gradius to name but a couple. In my opinion this is a hugely under-rated machine and worth tracking down the roms online and adding them to your device, you won’t be disappointed especially if you’re a shoot-em-up fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment