Saturday 25 June 2022

Anbernic RG552 Review - a retrogaming powerhouse!

 


Anbernic are known for making some of the best retro emulation handhelds around and my favourite of them all is the RG552, this can be used with either Android (my preference) or Linux operating systems.

The first thing you notice about this machine is it’s BIG! It still feels good to hold and play however and feels substantial with a good weight to it.  As with most Anbernic machines it’s well put together with good quality face buttons, d-pad and analogue sticks.  By far the best thing about this handheld is the incredible screen, it’s really bright, sharp and vivid - your retro games will really pop!

Supported by the RG552 are all the usual systems you’d expect - SNES, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, PS1 to name but a few but my favourite feature about it is how well the higher end machines (Dreamcast, Saturn, PSP, N64) perform - with a couple of exceptions on the PSP emulator (I’m looking at you God of War) the games look and play perfectly and I’ve now built up a sizeable library of titles on these emulators.

The RG552 is currently my go-to handheld for anything PS1 and above (anything below that I usually play on smaller machines such as my Miyoo Mini) - it’s a total retrogaming powerhouse and will serve my needs very nicely, at least until my Odin Pro arrives which I have a feeling could take the crown, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment