Friday 3 June 2022

Believe it or not the UK once had two WEEKLY computing magazines and I miss ‘em!

 
 
I’ve mentioned elsewhere on this blog about how much I’d love for there to be a weekly gaming magazine in the UK as with Famitsu in Japan, well what you may now know is that for a few years in the 80s and 90s the UK actually had two!  The first was Popular Computing Weekly which ran from 1982-1990 and the other was New Computer Express survived from 1988-1991, these didn’t actually just focus on gaming but computing in general.  They were both a must-read back in the day and I have to say I do miss them.  

I do think with the resurgence of gaming magazines with such publications as Switch Player, Ninty Fresh, Sega Powered and Sega Mania all now available by post that the time is right for if not a weekly but a fortnightly gaming magazine, well I can but hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment